Touchless hand sanitizing fixture simplifies maintenance
MARCH 24, 2023 — AUSTIN, TEXAS — Hand hygiene company Vaask® today announced the Nashville International Airport is installing its touchless hand sanitizing fixtures to protect the health and safety of travelers and employees while also simplifying maintenance for its staff.
The airport leadership selected Vaask because of its development as a permanent fixture, as they sought to remove flimsy freestanding dispensers from the busy halls of the airport, which sees more than 18 million travelers annually.
“Vaask’s easy maintenance also stood out as a major benefit to the airport’s operations,” said architect T.J. Ju, who helped lead a renovation of the airport’s B & C concourses, where Vaask is being installed. The airport is in the midst of a major expansive renovation dubbed BNA Vision that included extensive updates to the 200,000-square-foot lobby and central terminal that celebrated their grand reopening in January.
Vaask uses AC power or PoE instead of ever-changing batteries and offers a maintenance app that alerts staff when it’s time to refill. The app eliminates the time-consuming chore of checking each individual fixture and also ensures fixtures always stay filled. This exclusive technology solves the most common problem with hand sanitizer, which, despite being more essential than ever before, is frequently not used as studies have found nearly 80% of people report dispensers to be empty.
“In developing Vaask, we specifically talked with not just healthcare professionals but also owners and operators of all types of facilities, from airports and restaurants to schools and offices, because every space is different and needs a unique approach,” Vaask Founder Jon Olsen said. “Because we design, engineer and manufacture Vaask here in America, we offer unprecedented customization to solve a customer’s specific problems.”
Vaask fixes the frequent frustrations caused by traditional hand sanitizer dispensers at airports including:
- No drips, no mess: Vaask’s PalmPilot® laser sensor precisely detects hands with the fixture instantly reversing flow if a person pulls their hand away. No more messy misfires causing damage to floors or creating slip-and-fall risks.
- No corrosion: Vaask features a peristaltic pump that is physically separated from the sanitizer to ensure no corrosion or contamination.
- No replacement needed: Built to last, Vaask’s cast aluminum construction is a stark contrast to traditional plastic dispensers that are easily broken by frequent use.
- No tampering: Vaask’s new lock feature protects the fixture from prying hands and is designed to be hidden from view to preserve the award-winning device’s minimalist look.
Vaask offers customers savings of up to 65% on monthly sanitizer costs, as the fixture can be refilled with any quality sanitizer gel and there are no locked-in supply contracts. Vaask’s features also include:
- 5-year warranty
- Refillable, 2L sanitizer cartridge
- Moisturizing sanitizing formulation using 70% plant-derived ethanol
- Options for custom colors, finishes and graphics
Interested? Request a quote today!